Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chicks!

So, I finally got my chicks!  I have two Barred Rocks, one Rhode Island Red, one White Leghorn, and couple Ameraucanas and some Silver Laced Wyandottes.  I'll post some pictures next weekend--right on time for Easter :p

No, I haven't named them yet.  But, I'll post as soon as I have.  These are going to be for my 4-H project "Raising Fancy Poultry" and they're going to be layers not meat birds.  I'm pretty much done with the project book except for a few records that won't need to be done until the around fair time.

In other news, we just had another 4-H meeting and we added a new member.  My cousin joined as a cloverbud and he said he's going to do a project on bugs :)  So I think we have around 10 members in our club this year.  Oh, and the club is called The 4-H Explorers.

No comments:

Post a Comment